Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: I did it!

  1. #11
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Congratulations! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member jamtoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 28th, 2005
    Posts
    72
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Congratulations on your new girl! I love her combination of hair and eyes.

    The Social Security Administration has a cool site that lists popular names by decade. I'm adding the links for the 1950's and the 1940's because your ten-year-old girl would have been born in the 40's.

    Popular names of the 1950s

    Popular names of the 1940s

    I personally think she looks like a Barbara (but not a Barbie [img]wink.gif[/img] !

    Good luck with your 50s girl!

  3. #13
    Inactive Member bgeurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    630
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    How awesome, I'm doing something similar, I bought a doll that had a hair cut and now I'm going to have it fixed to look like mine did when I was a kid. What kind of outfits have you put together?? And accessories?? And I would love the old Adirondak set if anyone has outgrown theirs along with the croquet set. Anything outside was what I was into. Keep us posted and please make an album. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh, congrats! AGT14 is one of my very favorites. I want to get her sometime and name her Clara, as in from the Nutcracker Ballet.

    Please let us know what you think of her when she arrives! So few people here seem to have that doll, or at least very few post pictures of her, [img]wink.gif[/img] . I can't wait to see anything DLR related!

    For some reason, I think she looks like a Jane, or an Ann. Or perhaps a Judy. Or Nancy.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member anniebeez's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2006
    Posts
    280
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here are the names of all my cousins born in the 50's:
    Mary Ellen
    Mary Jane
    Debbie
    Kathy
    Julie
    Mary
    Theresa
    Jane
    Susan
    Donna
    Tina
    Margaret
    Claire
    Kimberly
    Mary Ann
    Francine
    Yep! Huge family!

    [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
    ~Annie

  6. #16
    Inactive Member anniebeez's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2006
    Posts
    280
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here are the names of all my cousins born in the 50's:
    Mary Ellen
    Mary Jane
    Debbie
    Kathy
    Julie
    Mary
    Theresa
    Jane
    Susan
    Donna
    Tina
    Margaret
    Claire
    Kimberly
    Mary Ann
    Francine
    Yep! Huge family!

    [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
    ~Annie

  7. #17
    prasnlrd
    Guest prasnlrd's Avatar

    Post

    Heee-Hawww!! A new dollie is always a cause for celebration! CONGRATULATIONS!

    [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

  8. #18
    Inactive Member auri's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2004
    Posts
    543
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by AandSMom:
    Congratulations on your new girl! I love her combination of hair and eyes.

    The Social Security Administration has a cool site that lists popular names by decade. I'm adding the links for the 1950's and the 1940's because your ten-year-old girl would have been born in the 40's.

    Popular names of the 1950s

    Popular names of the 1940s

    I personally think she looks like a Barbara (but not a Barbie [img]wink.gif[/img] !

    Good luck with your 50s girl!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks so much for the sites. It's really interesting to compare what people used to name their kids to what's popular now. At least we seem to be out of the Moon Dew stage. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    I haven't settled on a name but Nancy is in the lead, mainly because I was such a huge fan of Nancy Drew when I was growing up in the 1950s.

    Right now I'm trying to find a bunch of items:
    * 18-inch doll size Coke bottles and appropriate food, i.e. hamburgers, etc.
    * 18-inch doll size juke box, either the full freestanding floor model or the smaller kind that showed up in diner booths
    * More Disney memorabilia the right size for AG

    I'll look on ebay but if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

    Thanks!

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 07, 2006 01:38 PM: Message edited by: auri ]</font>

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Avione's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2005
    Posts
    140
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Congratulations on ordering your new doll! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  10. #20
    Inactive Member jamtoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 28th, 2005
    Posts
    72
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I haven't settled on a name but Nancy is in the lead, mainly because I was such a huge fan of Nancy Drew when I was growing up in the 1950s.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, Nancy IS in the top ten names for both the 40s and 50s. I'm glad you found the sites useful. I really think it's fun to look at the rise and fall of names through the decades. I particularly looked at the popularity of the name "Alice" through the years since I have my own little 21st century Alice! It was hot at the turn of the last century, I guess when Alice Roosevelt was the first daughter!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •